Teeth's whitening is a constituent of a smile makeover, a multi-faceted, multi-treatment approach to revitalize your smile. A smile is a beautiful way to tell the world that you are friendly, warm, generous, and pleasant. But if you have a smile that is stained and discolored, it might be sending a message you never anticipated. Yellowing often occurs naturally, and the discolored teeth are often linked with aging, bad habits, or poor hygiene, even if this isn't the case. For some people, the yellow teeth could be due to genetic causes, and in other cases, the culprits could be our favorite foods and drinks, including coffee, tea, and berries. However, that doesn't mean you have to go about your life without enjoying a cup of your favorite beverage.
Professional teething whitening with a cosmetic dentist at Eldridge Dental can deliver you a simple and affordable treatment that can radically improve the appearance of your smile.
What are the reasons for the teeth' stains and discoloration?
The stains and discoloration on the teeth have a variety of causes:
- The stains on the teeth could be caused due to certain foods, including berries, soy sauce, tomato sauce, curry sauce, and beets.
- Consuming beverages, including black coffee, tea, red and white wine, soda, and sports drinks, is also a major culprit for staining the teeth.
- The yellowing of the teeth could result from the aging process, which causes the thinning of the enamel.
- Lack of proper dental hygiene.
- Addictive habits such as cigarette smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Other reasons could be due to dental decay or failing restorations.
How can your teeth be whitened?
There are two different methods to whiten your teeth:
- In-office teeth whitening: This type of whitening is completed at our office in about one hour. The gum tissues are covered with a barrier to check the whitening agent from coming into contact with the gums and surrounding tissues. The surfaces of your teeth are then applied with a whitening gel and left on for 20 minutes. The gel is removed after that time duration. Most of the patients will undergo 2 to 3 applications depending on the base color of the natural teeth and the sensitivity level of their teeth. The whitening agents used for In-office treatment are more potent than the take-home agents and allow for beautiful results in a short span of time. You will leave our office with your teeth whitened and a smile ready to show off to the world. It can be the perfect makeover if you are getting ready for a social event where you want to look your best.
- Customized Take-Home Whitening Trays:You may opt for take-home whitening trays if you are not overly anxious about getting results in one hour. In this procedure, we take impressions of your teeth in order to construct the custom trays. You are then supplied with a take-home kit containing the correct whitening gel and instructed on placing tiny drops of gel in the trays. Your teeth will be radiantly white after about two weeks of wearing them for the stated time each day.
Call us at Eldridge Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Teeth whitening