Invisalign is a modern-day way to straighten teeth. With the latest scanning technology available, dentists can non-invasively scan your teeth and fabricate a set of aligners that will slowly and steadily adjust your teeth to the ideal position. The Invisalign aligners are designed with a medical-grade polyurethane resin, and the aligners are nearly invisible, their edge resting exactly on the ridgeline of your teeth. Every aligner is custom fit and is made precisely for your teeth to move them into place slowly.
A straightened set of teeth will lessen the threat of gum diseases that can become severe enough to break down jaw bone tissue. This risk is eliminated since straight teeth are easier to clean and help get rid of harmful bacteria. Straight teeth enable you to chew correctly and reduce rough grinding on your teeth. They also help align the jaw, which eases aches and discomfort.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- More comfortable: The removable aligners of Invisalign are more comfortable than traditional braces. Traditional metal brackets have sharp edges that can cut into your lips and cheeks, leaving sores that are difficult to heal. The removable aligners are custom-made for your teeth, and they have smooth edges made with high-quality resin so that you won’t have any sharp metal digging into your mouth. As invisible aligners are custom-made, they have more specific control over straightening your teeth. During the Invisalign treatment, you will receive a set of aligners that slowly adjust your teeth until each tooth is set in its desired position.
- Fix dental problems:If your teeth are crooked, you are more likely to have many other dental problems. The jagged teeth can create more problems than just making you self-conscious of your smile. The risk of developing gum disease is raised with widely spaced or crowded teeth as your gums do not fit correctly around your teeth. The aligning of teeth with removable aligners can also help reduce gum inflammation, tooth sensitivity, bad breath, and even chipping of teeth.
- Better dental hygiene: One of the best things about a removable aligner over traditional braces is that it enables you to take good care of your teeth. By the end of your treatment, you will have a clean and healthy mouth with the healthiest teeth possible.
- Non-invasive scanning: Due to the latest advances in dental technology, Invisalign doesn’t use invasive measures to detail your teeth. The dentists can take a full scan of your teeth without x-ray, impressions, or any other invasive methods by using 3D scanning technology. These scans are then converted into 3D prints that technicians use to create your individualized aligners.
- Fewer dental visits: With invisible aligners, you won’t be required to visit the dentist regularly, and the visits will be brief and far less unpleasant. You will have to visit once in four to six weeks, but still, you will already have a set of aligners to change every two weeks. As the aligners are already planned and created, you won’t need any extra dental work to make them correct your teeth.
- Shorter treatment period: Traditional braces take anywhere between 18 months to 2 years to straighten the teeth because they don’t have as accurate movement planned out as removable aligners. The advantage of using invisible aligners is most treatments last less than a year. Because of their invisible design, most people won’t even be aware you are wearing them. A year of therapy can fly by, especially if people hardly notice you are wearing anything.
Call us at Eldridge Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisalign