After undergoing a dental procedure, you need to keep in mind some post-operative instructions:
- Do not eat or drink anything that is hot for about an hour after the procedure.
- Consume medications as directed by the dentist.
- In order to avoid any pain or swelling, gently place ice to the side of the face; you had surgery for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off for the whole day until you go to bed at night.
- Even after placing ice for 48 hours, swelling persists, then gently place damp medium heated facecloth to your face. This can be done for about one hour at a time to curb swelling.
- Do not brush, floss or chew from the side of your mouth you just got treated.
- Do not drink using a straw as it can cause bleeding.
- Do not rinse or spit with force.
- Get enough rest and resume exercise after 48 hours.
- If you still have bleeding or pain, then visit our dental office as soon as possible for immediate care.
Different procedures may have different healing periods and so, different aftercare instructions as well. To know more, call our office (713) 983-0099, we are always here to answer all your concerns and questions.