There are many conditions and changes to the smile that can impact its overall health. One of the most common concerns is that of cavities. Cavities are areas of tooth decay that form due to poor oral health habits. These areas of decay impact the natural tooth enamel and cause holes in the teeth. These holes can cause patients to experience:
· Toothaches (pain from inside the tooth)
· Tooth sensitivity to temperatures or sweets
· Painful chewing sensations
When any of these situations occurs, patients need to be proactive about getting the assistance they need. Dr Meykadeh of the Sugar Land, Texas area encourages patients to do the following things when they suspect a cavity has formed:
· Contact the dentist. It doesn’t matter if you’re still a few months away from your next routine dental screening. Patients experiencing the signs and symptoms of tooth decay are urged to connect with their dentist to get an appointment and evaluation scheduled.
· Treat the cavity. Once a cavity has been diagnosed, patients need to treat the cavity to protect the rest of the tooth from experiencing further damage. Dentists will place dental fillings comprised of composite resin material that is biocompatible with the smile and body. These fillings keep the cavity from enlarging and going deeper into the teeth, infecting the inner canals and requiring the need for more invasive and costly procedures such as root canal therapy to address the issue.
· Maintain good oral health habits. After the formation of a cavity, our professionals will advise patients on how to protect their smile from developing more problems in the future. Our team educates patients on good oral health habits, including routine brushing, flossing, and dental visits. Being proactive about your oral health and wellness will ensure protection against cavities and gum disease.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms discussed previously or haven’t had a regular checkup in the past six months it is never a better time than now to call Eldridge Dental.
Call or Visit Us Online
Eldridge Dental - Houston Dentists
6370 N. Eldridge Pkwy, Suite B, Houston, TX 77041
Monday : Closed
Tuesday : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday : Closed