Did you know that you could save hundreds if not thousands of dollars by using your dental benefits before the end of the year? According to the National Organization of Dental Plans, only about 2.8% of participants reached or exceeded their plans annual maximum. The vast majority of dental insurance plans run on a calendar year and if your not using at least your benefits for getting basic cleanings you are literally throwing your hard-earned money down the drain. Don’t let your money be wasted! Read below for the top 5 reasons you should be making a dental appointment before the end of the year!
1. Yearly Maximum– The yearly maximum is the most money the dental insurance will pay for your dental work within the calendar year. On average this equals approximately $1500 per year, per person. This yearly maximum renews every year and those unused benefits do not roll over. If you are considering more expensive dental work such as implants, veneers or dentures the end of the year is an excellent time to schedule as you can continue your work in stages and benefit from both years’ maximums.
2. Deductible– The deductible is the amount of money that you must pay to your dentist out of pocket before your insurance company will pay for services. The deductible is typically around $50 per year but it does start again at the beginning of the year so it can make sense to get those fillings done before the end of the year so you can avoid paying that extra money.
3. Premiums– If you are paying your dental insurance premiums every month you should be using your benefits. Even if you don’t need any dental treatment, regular cleanings can prevent and detect early signs of cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer.
4. Dental Problems Can Worsen and Get More Costly – If you are delaying dental treatments the majority of the time it tends to lead to more costly complications down the road. A simply cavity that can be fixed with a couple of hundred dollar filling and easily become a $3000 dollar root canal later.
5. Fee Increases – Another important reason to use your benefits before the end of the year are possible fee increases. Many insurance plans and dental offices tend to raise their rates at the beginning of the year due to the increased cost of living, materials, and equipment. Insurance fee increases can also mean an increase in your deductible as well.
Please don’t let the hard-earned money that you put into Dental Benefits go to waste.
Don’t forget to use your Dental Insurance Benefits before DEC 31st!
Call Eldridge Dental Today to schedule your appointment!